Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Roller Coaster Job

I got a promotion this year and switched jobs. I was very excited to see what lay upon the horizon with my new endeavor. Part of my interview I made the comment "I love to be challenged in my job". WOW did I ever eat my words!
So the situation is this, I started this new job mid year thinking it would take a few months to get things in order and then it would level out. We are now about 10 months into this job and it is still a roller coaster ride.
To top it all off the company is restructuring and my job is going to be eliminated. First it was December 31st, then January 31st, and now it is February 29th. UN freaking believable! (keeping this g rated for the kids) Heres the real kicker, I have to train my replacement. I know it does not make sense to train a new person when a job is getting eliminated. I don't get it either.
It would be ok if I was getting laid off, I can sit home and collect unemployment and look for a job, but they won't lay me off they keep stringing me along.....
Have you ever heard of a company that does that to someone. I will be happy to be done with this roller coaster of a company!
On to bigger and better American things. (the company is German)

1 comment:

Celena said...

good luck erin! better things almost always come out of difficult situations.