Sunday, October 7, 2007

God moment

I had a God moment the other day. I read an forward on Friday morning it was good but I really did not pay close attention to it and then deleted it.
Later in the day I got a call from my sister. She was upset because they are financially struggling at the moment. She asked me "Do you think any less of me because we have to get help right now?"
Then I remembered the forward, it was a professor teaching a class. He held up a $5 bill and asked who in the class wanted it. Hands went up. He crumbled up the $5 bill and again asked who wanted it, hands still went up. Then he put the money on the ground, stomped on it and jumped on it. And people still wanted it. The lesson was even though the money was battered, dirty and stomped on it did not change the value of it.
So no matter what you are going through the people who really love you don't care about the circumstances. It does not change who you are or your value.
That lesson is just what she needed to hear at that moment. Totally God working through me. It is so cool that things like that can happen.

No comments: